The Maintenance, Operation, and Observation of Software with IntElligence (MOOSE) lab is located in the Department of Computer and Software Engineering, Polytechnique Montréal. The mission of MOOSE is to support intelligent maintenance, operations, and observation of large and complex software systems.
In particular, we aim to improve the observability of large-scale software systems from two mutually complementary perspectives: 1) from software development’s perspective, improving monitoring code and tools; 2) from software operation’s perspecitve, improving the analytics and utilization of monitoring data.
Current members of MOOSE are performing research in the following topics:
- AIOps (Artificial Intelligence for IT Operations)
- Software logging & log analytics
- Software performance engineering
- Software Engineering for Machine Learning Applications (MLOps, AI/ML Engineering)
- Sports Analytics
- Monitoring of AI/ML applications
- Mining software repositories and technical Q&A forums
- Quantum software engineering
- Monitoring of quantum software
- Quantum machine learning
- Software/hardware co-engineering
MOOSE is funded through generous support from the Department of Computer and Software Engineering, the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC), Canada Foundation for Innovation (CFI), Mitacs, and industrial partners.